Version 1 - Last revision: Novembre 16, 2017.
The Odoo community lists are for enthusiast users, partners and developers who want to have constructive discussions about Odoo. As the lists have thousands of subscribers, this code of conduct aims to ensure a quality discussion for everyone.
These lists are not systematically reviewed by Odoo staff - while you will see responses from staff members from time to time, there are other paid support channels available if you require an official response.
We Strive To
Be friendly and patient
- If someone asks for help it is because they need it. Politely suggest specific documentation or more appropriate venues where appropriate. Avoid aggressive or vague responses.
- We all want to live in a positive and friendly environment. Negative behaviors and non-constructive criticisms are not allowed.
Be civil and considerate
- Disagreement is no excuse for poor conduct or personal attacks. A community where people feel uncomfortable is not a productive one.
Assume good faith
- Remember that technical questions may be very complex. If you disagree, please do so politely, by disputing factual premises rather than by attacking individuals.
- If something seems outrageous, check that you did not misinterpret it. Ask for clarification, rather than assuming the worst.
Respect time and attention
- List members are busy people. So, we value concision and clarity. Emails that are brief and to the point take more time to write, but are repaid many times over when other members of the list make the same effort.
- Avoid talking about the same topics several times, or hijacking other's threads.
- Provide extra valuable information or a question in every reply. (e.g. avoid just “Thank you” or “+1” emails)
Respect the topics
- Conversations should remain focused and on-topic. If you must change the topic, start a new thread by changing the topic line of your emails. Avoid flooding the list with long threads by reading the entire thread first, instead of responding quickly to many emails in a short period of time.
- You can not use these mailing lists to advertise your services, commercial offers or discuss software other than Odoo. New modules and features can be announced on the “Announcements” mailing list only.
- Don't use the list to report copyright or licenses infringements, report issues to email@example.com instead.
Don't feed the trolls
- Don't get involved in flame wars. Neither post nor respond to incendiary material.
- If you should find yourself in a disagreement with one person, make your responses to each other over email rather than continue to send messages to the list or the group.
- Avoid sending messages or posting articles which are no more than gratuitous replies to replies.
Experienced members of the Odoo community comply with this code, not because of the existence of the code, but because they have long experience participating in communities where the conduct described above is normal and expected. However, failure to observe the code may be grounds for reprimand, probation, or removal from the lists.
If you have concerns about someone’s conduct: Direct contact: it is always appropriate to email a list member, mention that you think their behavior was out of line, and (if necessary) point them to this document. Moderators: You can reach the list moderators through firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy was inspired by